Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Starting Fresh

   Sometimes it's just nice to get a fresh start, to give something another shot to do your best at even if the first time you weren't able to fulfill what you hoped. Surely this can be related to many different areas, but for me I am referring to the process of restarting this blog. Ever since the Trailblazers reeled off a 13 game winning streak being lead by the franchise "savior" Brandon Roy, I have become a die-hard NBA fan. I can't imagine there are too many kids who from 8th grade through high school would watch NBA summer league games to get a first look at the newest rookies and improved players instead of watching movies or playing videogames(of course those had to be fit in during the summer too though).
   Now I'm 18 and a freshman in college, and although I can't name every single player in the NBA like I could as a freshman in high school(yes every single player and top free agents, and yes that's over 450 names), I still have that love for basketball. Watching the Trailblazers exceed expectations, as LaMarcus Aldridge becomes one of the best Power Forwards in the game, has kept me addicted to this team after last seasons finish was rough. With the looming 2014 NBA Draft that has been hyped up for a couple years now, and a strong 2014 NBA Free Agency, then there are a lot of rumors that will be circulating around in the next week and a half leading to the always anticipated NBA trade deadline and my goal is to cover these major trades and rumors and break them down for those who aren't familiar with the players around the league on teams that aren't their favorite.
   I tried to start up this blog a couple years ago, but I could never find the time for this commitment with school and sports always filling my schedule. With a fresh start now, I hope to be able to start a blog that can be NBA fans first stop when they're looking for a breakdown of a trade or weekly power rankings. I'm hoping my occasional posts sharing my opinion about news or rumors that are circulating will be enjoyable for the readers and that there can be positive feedback(positive comments or sharing the post) when the reader enjoys the article or helpful advice if I miss a beat.
   Thanks,
      Phillip

No comments:

Post a Comment